Tuesday, November 1, 2011

After the fact Haunted House art...and a Houghton Mifflin Freebie!

YAWN!! Hey folks! Kerri here...
Is anyone else as exhausted as I am?? I didn't even have kids today, but man, I am still SOOO beat from all of the festivities yesterday!
I know this is too little, too late, but I feel compelled to post about our Haunted House art that we made last Thursday, mostly to have a record I can refer to next year. 
I used Rachelle's (www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com-my favorito!) fantastic Haunted House writing paper from her SUPER DUPER Halloween unit, and we step drew Haunted houses (well, actually they look more like castles-whatever...) with Sharpie markers (my kids feel oh-so grown up when they use sharpies!) to glue next to the stories. We added Foamy Halloween stickers (I love them!) and a moon. Tada! Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. Check 'em out!




Easy and fun for my kiddos. :)


Also, this week we are teaching Theme 3-Week 1 from the Houghton Mifflin Reading Series. I made this little response activity for the story Seasons, because frankly, I think the HM workbook is L.A.M.E. and I try to use it as little as possible. Did I really just write that out loud? Whatevas...
You can use this response worksheet with any book you read about the seasons. It will also work for science lessons. Click on the pic to download!

I'll be back later this week with a super cute Classroom Pets themed math center and maybe a Lit center too...if I get my rear in gear!
Have a happy week...show some love, leave a comment!

3 comments:

Amy C said...

I totally agree, so boring! My district told us this year that we did not have to use the workbooks if we didn't want to so I sent all of mine back to the warehouse. I don't miss them one bit!

Chrissy said...

Thanks, I love your idea. I use HM and will definitely incorporate this. I'm your newest follower, too!
 Chrissy

First Grade Found Me

Delighted said...

Love the haunted house. I'm on a mission to find the foam stickers at 1/2 price for next year. :-)

First Grade Delight

Post a Comment