Friday, October 7, 2011

Owl art and a couple freebies!!

Happy Friday night, friends!! Kerri here...
Anyone else as exhausted as I am tonight? Cuz seriously, I am BEAT. I couldn't even stay up last night for The Office (BEST. SHOW. EVER.) What a wimp I've become!


Drumroll please...here they are, the super fabulous OWLS!! This one I created about 5 years ago when I taught Kinder, and it may just be my most favorite art project we do all year. We have been doing all sorts of owl activities this week, and next week we will be dissecting owl pellets (soooo gross, I can't even think about it)  I am hoping to recruit some manly dads to come in and help my kiddos dissect their owl pellets, so I don't have to touch them! HA! 








I heart them! We also copied an owl poem with our most perfect penmanship EVER (well, that was the hope anyway!) on some owl writing paper that I made, and eventually the two will be glued side by side and saved for their First Grade Adventure book. Click on the owl to get a copy of the owl writing paper...




I also made up some high frequency words cards for Theme 2 and Theme 3 of Houghton Mifflin that the kidlets can use to practice their spelling, practice reading, whatevas... If you use HM for reading and you want 'em, here you go!! Click the pumpkin to download your set. I plan on making more sets for themes 4-10 as the year goes on, matchy matchy to the season of course! :)




See ya later!! Have a fab weekend. I will be spending mine cutting our lamination, grading papers, and doing laundry. Oh joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment