Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Tear Art

Hi Friends! Kerri here....
I remembered my camera today!! YAY me!! So I thought I would post a couple of pics of our Fall Tree tear art, which I got from the *TOTALLY AWESOME* "Fall" art book from Kaye Espinosa's TLC ART website:  www.tlclessons.com  
It is really fantastic, and if you are unsure about getting rid of patterns and tracers in your classroom, then this book is THE PERFECT way to start. Kaye gives step by step directions, helpful hints, and illustrations of each step. She also has one for each season, so you can have a whole year of projects ready to go!




Aren't they bee-u-tiful?? I am so proud of my kiddos and each one is so unique!  I decided to have them copy a poem to include with the art, but most of the time they do some sort of writing activity and I include that.


We also have a bulletin board on our front door that our wonderful parents decorate for us each month. Isn't my October door so awesome?? (Thank you to Tyler's mom!!) It fits perfectly with our Fall tree art!!






This week's project is an owl, and boy oh boy, those come out HILARIOUS!! Bird feet...not so easy for firsties to conquer, but the results are always FAB!


Toodles for now! :)

4 comments:

kinderpond said...

I love love love TLC lessons! I think I have all of the books!


Jennifer

Kristin said...

SO cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm really impressed that parents decorate your doors each month. That's really cool (although I might be tempted to fix something, straighten something, etc. if it was my door). Can't wait to see the owls!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Mrs. Wheeler said...

I like these! I am jealous that so many of your parents come in to help!

Megan
www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

Tessa said...

I am one of the many who "heart" your blog! Head on over to check it out!
Tessa
Spotlight on Kindergarten

Post a Comment