Monday, October 17, 2011

Costume Party Math Center!! Cutey Cuteness...

Hi Friends! Kerri here...I found these super adorable costume kiddos last Spring on Scrappin' Doodles and I just knew they had to be mine. Check 'em out...


Aren't they just so cute and festive?? 

I wasn't sure how to use them until I started teaching my kiddos Part/Part Whole for addition and subtraction in Pearson. WOW...that sure is a fun thing to do...NOT! My little chitlins are looking at me like I am speaking gobbledygook! Well..(lightbulb over head moment!)  I found the perfect little activity to help my little cuties work on part/part whole for addition and subtraction...

My "Costume Party" Addition and Subtraction Math Center...just in time for Halloween! This center can be used twice, once for addition and the second time through, to reinforce what has already been learned and to focus on subtraction. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. You can check it out here at my TPT store.




While you are there, don't forget to pick up your Thanksgiving Words Writing Pack and get a jump start on your November planning and prepping. Here are some preview pics... 







Thanks fellow educators! Hope y'all have a great week!

2 comments:

Kerri Buckner said...

I just did parts and whole in addition yesterday with my kinders and they looked at me like I had 2 heads. We use that same math series. This is our first year and I'm just not sure about. Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to have to have this unit.
http://mskerriandherkrazykindergarten.blogspot.com/

Kerri and Lindsay said...

Hi Laura,
Yes, I put the Thanksgiving Words on TPT and included 4 different writing activities to go with them. You can check it out by clicking on the link that is in this post. Also, the previous post has a link too.
Thanks for asking!
Kerri B

Post a Comment