Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday FREEBIES...and a FANTASTIC find!

Happy Friday, friends! Kerri here...
Oh. My. Snaps! Praise Jesus that it's finally Friday! Was this not the longest week EVER?? And, we had no kids on Thursday due to a staff development day, but it was STILL the LONGEST.WEEK.EVER! 

I was super excited today, because A-Some of the staff got together at a fellow teachers house after school and had a...ahem...beer. Am I allowed to share that? Did I really have a beer today? I haven't had beer since my wild college days involving 40s of Miller Lite and parking lots outside the restaurants where I worked. Gross.   
Anyway, back to today's beer story. This one involved my mom, who came with me since she helps out in my classroom every Friday, but did NOT have a beer (she only does White Zin-the 2 buck Chuck kind), and a kegerator at my colleague's house. Yes, you read that right. A kegerator. This guy is SERIOUS, peeps. He has a kegerator AND a pool. Now that's living!!

Here is the other reason I was excited. I got to have a real live date with my Mister, without the children! YAY!! But here's how pathetic I am. We sat in our car in our driveway for like 5 whole minutes because I COULD not for the life of me decide where to eat. Cheesecake Factory (too far), BJ's (too busy), Mexican (over it already). We settled on Stonefire Grill because it is DELICIOUS, and guess what's right next door?? LAKESHORE!!! You bet I dragged my Mister on over there after dinner! Darn straight!

Guess what I found whilst at Lakeshore?? These little gems...

WORD RALLY!!!! It's like a little baby boggle game that is 2 inches square! I am SOOO excited!!
These babies were only $2.99 at Lakeshore and I cannot wait for my kidlets to make oodles and oodles of words with them. I was going to make a worksheet to go with them, and I still might, but then I might just save a tree and have them use their wipey boards to write the words on. Either way, LOTS of spelling and learning is sure to take place! Here is a closer-up view...

Aren't they TOTALLY WICKED AWESOME?? I know my kidlets will think so! So Hurry Hurry Chicken Curry over to Lakeshore, or google it, and get your own Word Rally cubes!

Here is a FREEBIE for y'all to help your kiddos with sequencing. We are using the 6 traits of writing this year, and to help our kids with organization (specifically Opening, First, Next, Last, and Closing or as we call it "The Hamburger" style of writing), we created a story sequence activity. For this activity, our kids will have to cut out the sentence strips, glue them in the proper organized order, and then illustrate each sentence in the boxes below. 
I made 3 different ones for them-A Day at the Beach, Getting Reading for School, and Making Lunch. I plan on making more of these for them, if they do well and seem to enjoy it. Of course, I will be sharing with all of my blogging buddies, so stay tuned!

Click on the picture below to download your  own Sequencing set via google docs...

Well, I've gotta jet. Gotta get ready to watch my Gold Rush! Is anyone else as obsessed as me with that show?? I LOOOOOVE that show, and last year, when I went to Oregon, I seriously considered stalking the Hoffmans, who live right near where we were staying. Isn't that so creepy? That's how obsessed I am!

I'll be back tomorrow with a sneak peek of my newest set of Lit and Math centers (which are soooo close to being finished, I can almost taste it!)...

This pack is chock full of Thanksgiving goodness...and it is turning our SUPER cute!! I can't wait to tell you more tomorrow!
Toodles!
XOXO Kerri B

4 comments:

AlyseC said...

I love that you call your students "kidlets." CUTE! I totally feel your pain about trying to decide where to eat...my husband always wants me to decide and I can be so indecisive about foodings! That Thanksgiving pack looks adorable...good job!

Alyse
Keep Calm and Apple On

Miss Nguyen's Class said...

I can't wait to see your Thanksgiving unit!

Mrs. McHaffie said...

I am so excited that you posted about the Word Rally product!! Going to purchase some RIGHT NOW! :)
Loving your Thanksgiving unit too!

Kelly
Beg, Borrow, Steal

Jenn Bates said...

My hubbie can never decide where to eat for our date night either! Love the sequencing freebie, thanks!
Jenn
Finally in First

Post a Comment