Sunday, September 8, 2013

Kerri B's Classroom Reveal!!

Good Morning, Bits and Bobbers! Kerri here...

I survived my first week! I have three words to sum up last week-HOT, HOTTER, HOTTEST! I cannot remember a muggier, sweatier opening of the school year. Seriously, it was gross. My poor firsties were literally melting. 

For the most part, being right up the hill from the beach, we really don't need air conditioning, but DANG, we needed it last week!! 

And then, yesterday, we drove to Irwindale, CA where is was over 100 degrees to watch my daughter's cross country meet. Yes, you read that right. Hundreds of poor high schoolers running 3 miles in 100 degree weather. They finally had to call the race off because 8 kids fainted and had to be taken to the hospital. I'm serious!! 
It was B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!

Okay, I feel like I am like a month behind everyone else's classroom tours, but I FINALLY took pictures of my finished classroom to share with you all!


My guided reading corner. I love love love my new red teacher chair from Walmart!

My back to school bulletin board. I love my vintage Peanuts Gang kids. My 5th grade teacher gave them to me when she retired! 
Here is our Wowzville Writing Board, with my organized bin up top. LOVE IT! 
This is my Welcome Center, right inside my front door

We have a bulletin board on our front door. It changes monthly, and the parents sign up to design it each month!

Here is my carpet area. I love my new carpet and my cute owl curtain covering hiding all my teaching materials...

My library. It is my favorite area!

Calendar and Math Wall

Focus Wall-the reading strategy posters were a freebie from Cara Carroll last year.  My spelling words and chunk of the week will go on the green pocket chart.

Our WOnderful Word Wall. Oops! Still have words up from last year. Maybe I'll take those down?? :)

My computer station and behavior chart. I think I bought the chart from First Grade Owls...

Teacher Corner!

I love my classroom rules sign. I'll be blogging about this this week!!

I double love this vinyl sign!!

Front of the room. Can you see my orange chair peeking out? I got it from Walmart too!

View from the back of the room

Another view from the other direction

My new stools are AWESOME! IKEA find!

Could this kid be any cuter?? 
Have a great Sunday, Peeps!
XOXO Kerri B

16 comments:

Learning in Wonderland said...

Love it! I have the same stools :)

Halle said...

Your room is GEORGOUS!!!! Seriously the cutest, most colorful room I have ever seen :)

Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring :)

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Molly Maloy said...

What a cute classroom! Your classroom rules sign is absolutely adorable!! And I love your fab firsty sign!!

Lindsay said...

I absolutely love your room! The colors are fantastic together!

The Colorful Apple said...

Love the curtains in your room! The whole room is wonderful - so bright and colorful!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Mrs. Anderson said...

Your classroom looks awesome, Kerri. The colors are bright and cheerful. I love the rules on your cabinet and the quote on the front of your desk. The IKEA stools look great as well. I need to get some of those for my classroom. Thanks for sharing:)
Connie Anderson:)
Welcome To First Grade Room 5

Lesson Plan SOS Teachers said...

Your classroom is beautiful! Have a wonderful school year!
:) Melissa

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Your room looks great! I am obsessed with that colorful drawer set on your desk. Where is it from!?!?!

meganwheeler44@yahoo.com
Megan
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

The Polished Teacher said...

I am obsessed with your classroom! It turned out adorable! I love the classroom rules! I can't wait to hear more about them!

ThePolishedTeacher

luvbees said...

I LOVE your colorful classroom! What a welcoming room!
One question -- where did you buy those great striped curtains?

Traci Clausen said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! There is just so much I absolutely love about your gorgeous rooms. I love the curtains. Your RULES are to die for!!! I absolutely MUST HAVE that rug with 30 spots!! Where did you get that? I'm totally stealing the vinyl on the desk idea!

Unknown said...

Your room looks amazing!

Marcy
SearchingForTeacherBalance

Jayne Gammons said...

Ahhh, for a room with windows. Jealous. Nice idea to put the quote on the desk. Smiles, Jayne
Smart Kids

greenteahimandspecialed.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE YOUR ROOM! The curtains and the word wall are my favorites I've seen. I KNOW you will have a fabulous year, Heather

Kinderkay said...

Kerri, I love, love your classroom! I love the curtains and I am sooo jealous that you have parents that do one of your bulletin boards! Your daughter's Cross country race brings back memories of MY daughter's Cross country races.... no matter what the weather was the day before, you were almost guaranteed that on the day of the race is was going to be blistering hot, freezing cold, or a downpour! Good luck with all of that!! :)

Thanks for sharing your classroom pics!
Cindy

Markus Stecher said...

Back to school and such classroom atmosphere will help the students to regard about the vital and effective guides which they must need to bring for their students. statement of purpose for internship

Post a Comment