Saturday, September 28, 2013

Five for Fraturday (again with the Fraturday??)

Happy Weekend, friends! Kerri here...

Peeps, I seriously feel like Lindsay and I are neglecting this little blog! Since school has started, it has been CUH-RAZY busy like every single day. Throw an hour of yoga (Day 54 of 108!! Whoo hoo! Half way there!!) into the mix a day and there is NO time for anything. Ugh...I can't wait for things to settle down.

I am jumping on the Five for Friday Linky bandwagon again with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching.

Here's a look back at our week!

1. Disneyland!! Last Saturday, my Katie Bug and I got to go to Disneyland with my mother-in-law, and sister and brother in law. It was SOOOO super awesome! I love Disneyland. LOVE IT!! 
We used to have annual passes, but now that they cost about a brazillion dollars each, we hardly ever get to go, so this was a SWEET treat for us. My older daughter is anti-Disneyland (dumb teenager!!), so I got a whole day with just Kate and me. It was great!

In line for Space Mountain-Ghost Galaxy. Super scary!!

Minnie Mouse!!

aaahhhh...Who doesn't love Captain Jack Sparrow??

 2. Finishing up our apple unit!
After making our Johnny Appleseed art and doing our Johnny Appleseed Centers last week, we all brought in apples to graph...

And then turned those apples into applesauce on Monday! Deliciousness! 


 We also learned about the life cycle of the apple and made our very first Flow Map showing the stages. After that, the kids did a cut and paste sequencing activity that I got from Cara Carroll here. Love it!!

Here are our completed and labeled cut and paste apple life cycles...


Number 3: Fall!! We have now turned our attention to all things Fall!! Here are our Fall tree tear art projects and poems that we wrote together with our "very best printing!"


Aren't they pretty? I especially love the beautiful water stain you can see on my ceiling behind the completed project-UGH!! How gross!

This next week, we will be doing lots of activities from my Falling into Autumn Math and Literacy Centers and Fall Words writing pack! Super fun...



4. I came across these Wall Pops! Write and Wipe Dots on Amazon over the summer and knew they had to be mine. These are dry erase dots that are 9 inches around and can be placed ANYWHERE-walls, tables, what have you! They have all sorts of colors, and the best part is that they are re-positionable. FABULOUS!! 
3 come in each pack, along with a fun little dry erase marker, although you can use any sort of dry erase marker on them.

Here are mine on my back table... in my color scheme of course! :)



We are going to be use these all the time to write words on, math problems, whatever the center calls for. Cool, right??
Here are some links for some of the fabulous colors they have available... aren't they sooo pretty?? I am also going to put one near my front door on the wall and every day when we exit the classroom, they will have to say the sight word of the day, or our addition fact of the day, etc...



 

5. I heart the boy teachers at my school! I work with 9, count them, 9 boy teachers. And they are just the best. They keep enough testosterone in the building that overrides all of the female cattiness and estrogen, and I believe this makes our staff the best staff ever. We literally all get along with each other-NO drama! You should hear our lunch room convos- lots of laughing happening! 
Well, we had a fundraiser assembly last week, and 2 of our male teachers got to dress up as penguins  and do a relay race in their costumes to get the kids excited about selling. I. ABOUT. DIED. Check 'em out...
Awwwww...penguins!!

That's all I got, Peeps!! Have a beautiful weekend!! 
XOXO Kerri B

2 comments:

Barton's Buzz said...

I did the same but accidentally called it Five for Friturday! Whoops!
-Lisa
Grade 4 Buzz

Learning with Mrs. Langley said...

I am also a big fan of the Fraturday post! Looks like you had a fun week!

Post a Comment