Saturday, September 14, 2013

Five for Fraturday!! (FREEBIES here)

Happy Saturday, Peeps! Kerri here...

Well, I am jumping back on the Doodle Bugs "Five for Friday" linky party, except that I was SO. DARN. EXHAUSTED last night that my post will have to be a Five for Fraturday post!

1. We have been hard at work in first grade and it is only the 2nd week of school! This past week we focused on our color words...
 We made our rainbow name art and they came out soooo cute!! My student teacher has AMAZING printing skills, so she wrote all of the names on the black paper for me with her mad skills, and they are even cuter than ever!! LOVE them!

 We also made a color graph counting color tiles and they kiddos did fabulous ! 
Click here for a copy of this graph...


2. We met our third grade buddies for the first time this week! They come over to our class every Wednesday after lunch since we have early out on Wednesday, and there is only a half an hour after lunch anyway. They read to my kids, help them finish work, do art projects...It is GLORIOUS!



3. We have been hard at work working with our CVC words and reviewing what we learned in Kindergarten. This week we used my Bodacious Blending Mats-cvc edition. The kids did fabulous!


4.  We have a new Math program this year called SWUN math. I started teaching place value on day 2! Yes, day 2!! 
Building and Recognizing Numbers to 100 using Base 10 Blocks is our first unit~
For some of my babies, it was HARD, but for some of them, it was easy breezy. We played the place value game with dice (roll 2 dice, see what two numbers you get-for example 6 and 2 is 62, and then draw the 10's and 1's.) It took a couple of tries but finally they were all really getting it! YAY!


5. Because we have moved to common core math this year, we needed a 120 number chart, so I decided to make my own and have it blown up to poster size through our district for $10. Costco also can make posters for about the same price. Here is mine hanging in my room...

If you are interested in this, I have attached a few different color choices for you to make into a poster size, plus a blackline if you want to print it and laminate them for your kidlets' personal use! Enjoy!!


And, didn't our Chicka Boom Trees come out so cute??

Off to my yoga mat!! See ya, friends!
XOXO Kerri B

4 comments:

Traci Clausen said...

Those Chicka trees are adorable! Thanks for the 120 chart!

The Polished Teacher said...

Love your version of the chicka chicka boom boom trees! So adorable!

ThePolishedTeacher

A Kindergarten Life For Me said...

Oh.My.Goodness. I just LOVE your blog and I am your newest follower!

Love your play on words with Fraturday!! Mine should have said Five for Funday! LoL! So cute.

Thank you so much for the 120 number chart and the idea to enlarge it at Costco! Perfect. All of your ideas look wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Beth :)
A Kindergarten Life For Me

Tracey said...

Thank you for the 120 chart! Having to teach a K/1 this year, this will be helpful!

Post a Comment