Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Scientifical notebooks!!

Hiya Peeps! Kerri here...

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day weekend! I TOTALLY did, cause A-my family spoiled me, B-I got to spend time with my mommy, and C-it was the Survivor finale (the hubs and I are die hard fans!). I was soooo happy that my little Harvard nerd Cochran won! Awesome sauce (as the teenagers say)...

I wanted to share a little bit of how I do science in my classroom. I use a notebook. More specifically, a spiral notebook that costs me 10 cents in the summer at Target. Everything we do for science gets written inside it, or glued inside it if we are doing some sort of worksheet. Here are some examples (with some shout-outs to my Peeps!)...

In October we learned all about owls, so we made an Owl Circle map in our notebooks...

We also made Deanna's Owls Tree Map and glued it in...

Followed by a double Bubble Map comparing owls and bats...


When we learned about Solids, Liquids, and Gases, we wrote in a table in our notebooks...


We also sequences the steps when we did our Solid-Liquid-Gas experiment...
 In December, we learned about the moon, using Cara's Moon unit, and since the pages wouldn't fit, we folded them in half and glued them in...

In January, we learned all about Penguins, using Deanna's Penguin unit...

Then, in April for Earth Day, we made a tree map showing how we love the Earth and glued it in...

Now, for our Rainforest Unit, we drew the layers and labeled them...

 Because our Rainforest Unit is such a big deal, it gets it's own book, and all of our tree maps, bubble maps, diagrams, and Facts writing paper are inside. When we learn about a new animal, the kids find that section and we get to writing! 
My kiddos LOVE looking through their Science notebooks. They feel sooo big and fancy! AND, it helps me stay organized, plus the parents can see how scientific we are!

Well, that's my science notebook is a nutshell. Hope you found something you might be able to use next year, when you teach science!
XOXO Kerri B

5 comments:

crazymom said...

WOW!! I love this idea. I'm so happy I saw it now so I can begin planning for next year. Thank you so much for sharing! ♥

ireland assignment help said...

Hire best academic assignment support in dissertation help ireland and submit your assignment in college before deadline.

Unknown said...

You were quite interesting.. But sadly I didn't agree with them much :/ Although I may disagree I still you as how confident happen to be on your writing best girlfriend quotes ever

Unknown said...

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers happy mothers day wishes messages

Jenifer said...

numerous understudies likewise profit assignment help online to get their work edited. This happens a great deal for expositions, research papers and papers. This conduct is likewise found in law assignments. more - law assignment help

Post a Comment