Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Has Sprung Freebie and More Meatball Madness

Hi friends!  Lindsay here  . . .


So the countdown to Spring Break is officially on - only 4 more days to go!!  I have been SUPER jealous of all of you who have been on Spring Break already . . . talking about sleeping in . . . going to the movies . . . working on your tans . . . Yep. Jealous. That's me. J-E-A-L-O-U-S.   But come next week the tables will be turned folks.  That's right . . . you may not even hear from me while I'm on break. I may just hole up underneath my down comforter and hibernate during the entire week.  Oh wait.  I have a seven month old at home. Who wakes up at 6 o'clock every morning. Even on weekends. And holidays.  Awww shucks . . .


Well, even though Spring Break is next week, this week we are busy busy BUSY!  We have been having so much fun with our Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs unit.  Here are some excerpts from our class book:


First we had someone predict that it would be cloudy with a chance of pumpkin pie.  (Mmmm . . . a girl after my own heart!)



Then we had a prediction of cloudy with a chance of Easter Egg marshmellows.  (Sounds sticky.)


Next up . . . cloudy with a chance of burritos. (Love the little speaking bubble - "delicious!")


And last but  not least . . . cloudy with a chance of applesauce.  Yikes!  Giant jars of it falling from the sky!!


To wrap up our C.W.A.C.O.M. unit on Friday, we will be having a finger food potluck.  Sounds delish right?  All tiny finger foods to nibble, sip, dip and enjoy!! 


Haven't picked up your Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs unit yet?  Click {HERE} and pick yours up today!


In addition to the meatballish goodness going on in Room 17, we are also diving into our Spring activities as well.  After doing number sequencing with my students in centers last week (part of my C.W.A.C.O.M. unit) I decided my kidlets could use some MORE practice, so I came up with this freebie to go along with my Spring Has Sprung Math and Literacy Centers (check it the whole unit on TPT HERE). 

Here is a preview of my little freebie for y'all. Enjoy!  Click on the preview to download off of TPT.



Well, that's it for now folks.  I am off to do some lesson planning . . .I am so excited to jump into our Rainforest unit when we get back from  Spring Break (using all of Kerri's fabulous resources, of course) AND get ready for Earth Day.  Its right around the corner!

Signing off for now!

Lindsay

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the predictions!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Miss Kindergarten said...

4 more days!!! I've been shouting that out randomly all day today ;)

Heather's Heart said...

What cute predictions!

Thank you for the great *freebie*. My kiddos love ordering numbers! =)

I shared 2 *freebie* today. I would love for you to come check them out!


Heather
Heather's Heart

Kristin said...

So fun!! Love it all!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Chrissy said...

Love your " meatballs" paper. I'm teaching weather when spring break is over. Hmmm... Seems like a perfect freebie. Thanks a bunch
--Chrissy
Http://firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com

Michelle Griffo said...

So adorable! I can't wait to meet you this Saturday! :)

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Post a Comment