Friday, April 13, 2012

Blogger Meetup and Easter Break!

Hey friends!  Lindsay here . .  .


Well, that melancholy, I-can't-believe-my-Spring-Break-is-almost-over feeling is starting to set in.  But really, where did the time go?   I guess I have just been enjoying lots of snuggles with my sweet boy.  He is sitting up already!  Can you tell that he LOVES playing with all the big boy toys now?


And of course, although you can't tell in this photo, I am SURE he was lovin his super sweet Easter outfit as well!  We had a bow tie to match, but we weren't exactly able to locate Jack's neck underneath his numerous chins.  Oh well.  Next year maybe?






One of the highlights of this week was our Blogger Meetup last Saturday.  We had a HUGE group of girlies, including Rachelle from What the Teacher Wants, who came all the way from Utah!  So fun! Here is the whole group at the Cheesecake Factory! (Thanks Annie for sharing the great pic!)




It was super fun to chat with all the ladies, but my jaw seriously dropped to the floor when SHE walked in.  Yep. It was Heidi.  As in Heidi from Heidi Songs.  Love her!  At the end of lunch I awkwardly excitedly approached her and asked for a picture.  I was like a 14 year old girl meeting Justin Beiber or something.  So nervous!!  I think I said something like "I just love you!  And my kids love you!"  Anyway, she was super sweet, we took a picture, AND she brought a free DVD to share with everyone!  Yahoo!





And of course, Fran (NEVER a dull moment with Fran!) brought these "Hey girl" cards that she passed out.  They all had different Ryan Gosling photos with funny "Hey girl" pick-up lines aimed at teachers. HI-LARIOUS!!!  Mine was:


I had no idea these even existed, but I then had to google more "Hey girl" photos, because I heard there are so many varieties (for teachers, for quilters, for Disneyland fanatics, you name it!) . . .  Here is what I found.  Which one would be perfect for you??

First, for the ultime DIYer . . .



Ha ha . . . Kerri wasn't able to come to our Blogger meetup (dang Seatle trip!) but this one is PERFECT for her!



Of course, here's one for the "I-love-wasting-time-on-Pinterest" girls . . .




I love this one so much . . . for the Golden Girls lover!



This one could also work for me . . .


But this one is TOTALLY perfect for my "being-so-lazy-on-spring-break-in-my-stretchy-pants" self:

Ha ha.  So much fun!  I highly enourage you to print one out and put it right next to your desk . . . ya know, just in case you need a little Ryan Gosling pick-me-up during a hard day's work!  

Well, that's it for now folks.  Happy Friday!

Lindsay

10 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like your blogger meet up was a blast! How fun! And I absolutely love the "Hey Girl" cards! Um, can we just say he is absolutely amazing to look at. :)

~ Katie
First Grade ABCs

She (Sprinkle Teaching Magic) said...

Ha! Thanks for the laugh. I loved reading all those Ryan pics. Hilarious. Your little guy is precious. Love his little Easter outfit!

Sheila

www.sprinkleteachingmagic.blogspot.com

Kristin Young said...

So funny. I would totally be the laminating one! And that first picture of your little man. Gah...he is adorable!!

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Unknown said...

Love those Hey Girls!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Kristin said...

So so so so so fun seeing you again!!!! I hope we can do it again soon!
Your little man's chins are ADORABLE!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Cupcake said...

Haha those Hey Girls always make me laugh! And I CAN'T believe how quickly break went!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

Your lil honey is so squeezable! Enjoy every precious second! We also loved the Hey Girl cards and Tammy put them up all around her computer. Enjoy your final hours of break!
~Christy and Tammy

Michelle Griffo said...

It was so nice meeting you!...I should say re-meeting you!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Unknown said...

I love all of those! We actually snuck the laminating one into our library workroom where our school aide does the laminating! It was quite funny when she finally noticed it!!
Lisen
wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

EmBellish said...

Haha! I LOVE the Ryan cards, those are SO cute, and so clever! Wish I could have been there.
Emily
Tangled with Teaching

Post a Comment