As Kerri mentioned earlier, our district gets this WHOLE week off from school. Sounds nice, right? Well, I have come to discover that that are quite a few things that can take the joy right out of a week off from work . . . like getting sick perhaps. Or a teething baby. Or maybe a funeral. Or online traffic school. Ooooh, or if you are REALLY lucky like me, maybe you will get all that in one week. Don't be jealous people. Don't be jealous. ;)
Okay, I really didn't get on here to tell you about my pathetically non-relaxing vacation week. I DID come here to tell you that I love Dr. Seuss. Like SO much. In fact, this week I have planning and preparing for Read Across America and Dr. Seuss's birthday next week, and I kept coming across these GREAT quotes from all of his books that I just had to share . . . So, may I present the Top 11 Dr. Seuss Quotes of ALL TIME!! (There were just too many to only do a Top 10.)
Drumroll please . . .
11. And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.
10. I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elepahnt's faithful, one hundred percent.
9. From there to here, from here to there. Funny things are everywhere.
8. A person's a person, no matter how small.
7. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
6. Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
5. You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so . . . get on your way!
4. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
3. Today you are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
2. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go!
1. Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the think you can think up if only you try!
Yep, he was a pretty amazing guy. I plan to celebrate him all next week with my kidlets with some fun activities, centers, etc. AND most of all by enjoying as many of his books as we can possibly squeeze into one week!
At the end of the week, we will be tallying up our class's favorite Dr. Seuss book. I have posted a Dr. Seuss Graph freebie for you to download at Teachers Pay Teachers. (Click the image below to access this freebie.)
Be sure to keep your eyes open . . . there will be more to come soon in my brand-new TPT store!
Well, I am off to bed, seeing as how I will be up at 5:00 a.m. with my precious little teething munchkin. Tootles!