Sunday, September 4, 2011

Top 10 Award and back to school freebies!


Oh my Garsh! We are so honored to have been given the Top 10 blog award from Heidi at Swamp Frog First Graders (whose blog is AMAZING, by the way!!) You have no idea how much we love the blogging community. I (Kerri) am seriously addicted to stalking other people's blog, and the ideas that you all have inspire me SOOO much!! Thank you all for your support of our little blog!


Sooo...here are a couple freebies that I conjured up (Harry Potter reference...yes, I am a geek!) this morning before church. The first I made using DJ Inkers September Whimzee (superdy CUTE!) and it is a spelling scramble recording page. I plan on using our Theme 1 sight words, which are basically a review of the Kindergarten sight words. I would love to put the letter tiles into little apple boxes (anyone know where I can find such cuteness?) since the recording sheet is apple themed. I got this idea from Miss Cara over at The First Grade Parade. She made an AWESOME spelling scramble sheet last February and she had heart boxes to put the letters in (TO DIE FOR!). I plan on making a new one each month, appropriately themed. I made a scrambled spelling sheet for March, April, and May last year (you can find by checking out the archives). Click on the apple pic to download...
Back to School Spelling scramble


Another freebie I made this morning is an apple themed Back to School Sentence Scramble, using LOTS of Kinder sight words as a review for my incoming Firsties. You could also use this in Kinder since many of the sight words are Kinder words! The clip art I used is Digital Whimzee, which I found through Michelle at Fabulous in First (I LOVE her BLOG!) You can find this clipart on ETSY, and best of all, she allows you to use it to give away freebies! YAY! It is super cutesy and colorful! Click on the apple tree to download the sentence cards and recording sheet! 
Apple Picking Sentence Scramble

Enjoy my friends!! I would love to hear how school is going for all of you! 2 more days until my Firsties come!! NERVOUS and EXCITED and a little terrified...just saying!!

P.S. Check out these absolutely THE BOMB crate seats my friend Amy made for her Library (she is the new librarian at an elementary school in my district). She found Mr. Men and Little Miss fabric at Jo-Ann's (I about died, since I read all of those books to me kids each year!) Could they be any cuter?? Jealous...sigh!

3 comments:

Cacheymama said...

Hello,
Just found you guys and I love your blog. It's so cute and so are your ideas and freebies! Come and check out my blog, I have a giveaway going on for My Memories software right now. Thanks!
http://preschoolteacher81.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-memories-software-giveaway.html
Lori

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I really like your writing wall! Great idea to have a spot to hang writing. If only I had a little more wall space :)

Lauren Parkins said...

There will be every possible stance to which students must have to look upon and there is every possible stance which will further add something to their expertise. nursing research problem statement examples

Post a Comment