Friday, September 16, 2011

I heart Pete the Cat!


Okay, I know, I know, I have been living under a rock! How did I not hear about Pete the Cat until I entered the teacher blogging world?? This book is SO DARN ADORABLE, but it MUST MUST MUST be accompanied by the BOMBDIGGIDY song found here:


www.harpercollinschildrens.com/petethecat


My kids were seriously rocking out today when we listened to the song and read the book. They wanted to hear it over and over...and some of them even busted out the air guitar! They were too cute!
Of course, I had to buy Deanna Jump's unit on Pete the Cat, and I plan on doing lots of her amazing activities next week!
So, here are our versions of Pete the Cat...I just had to share them, cause they are SOOO super fabulous!! 




AND, since I do have a problem controlling myself when it comes to purchases for my classroom, I just HAD to have these 2 gems, which will be coming from AMAZON next week! YIPPEE!

My kiddos are gonna be SOO excited! Okay, friends, that's it for me for tonight! I'm BEAT! We had Back to School Night this week, STAR testing for Accelerated Reader (what a nightmare that test is for firsties to take!), AND a 3.5 earthquake woke me up at 3 a.m. on Thursday morning! CRAZY!!
Hope you all are well...Kerri

5 comments:

The Fantastic Frogs said...

Pete the Cat is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! My class loves reading both books :) Sometimes during centers I can hear them singing the song to themselves as they make their way around the room.. Adorable! I may also have to add a stuffed Pete the Cat to our collection, which currently consists of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Elmer and Llama Llama... So fun!

Michelle said...

I'm the same. Had no idea about Pete before this year and now I can't imagine my teaching life without that cool cat! LOVE!!!
Michelle- Fabulous in first

Anonymous said...

Your Pete the Cats are just adorable. I need to get my hands on this book that everyone is blogging about!

Unknown said...

I just saw in the October Scholastic SeeSaw order form the paperback version of Pete the Cat with the CD for $7. Where was that this summer when I was looking high and low for the paperback version? But I think I may have to buy the stuffed animal Pete {he is sooo cute!}

Giggles and Squeals said...

LOVE the cats. I am making cats tomorrow! We are finishing our Pete the Cat stuff! Thanks for the ideas!

Post a Comment