Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Math Wall cards freebies-reposted!

Hi Ladies and Gents! Kerri here...
I am re-posting my Math Wall Cards that I originally blogged about last March. Actually, it was the first post that I ever did! (awwww...the memories!) I thought you might want to incorporate them into your Calendar routine, you know, to spice things up!!  I LOVE my Math Wall Cards, and here's why...


I use CGI Math in my first grade class, which stands for Cognitively Guided Instruction in Mathematics. It is AWESOME! As part of my training, we watched a video of a Kindergarten teacher doing Math Wall activities with her Kinder kiddos. It was awe inspiring! I decided to create my own Math Wall Cards to use  with my firsties during Calendar time. They are posted on the wall and we go through 3-4 per day, depending on how much time we have. The kids use wipey (white) boards to compete the skill while I write their ideas on the laminated math wall cards with a dry erase or vis-vis. They LOVE LOVE LOVE it! And it reinforces skills we are learning during our daily math lessons. 
I recently started using them projected onto my SMART board which is even better, because the kids love to come up and write their answers on the board, plus they can see the cards so much better! 
Click below to get your very own set!!


Math Wall cards



5 comments:

Thirty One Gifts said...

Love these!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I added it to my Math board on Pinterest!
Nicole
nicolescraftingadventure.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Awesome!!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Dishing It Out said...

Thanks for sharing!!!!

www.dishingitoutkandfirst.blogspot.com

Dulcie said...

Thank you for the great freebies!

Post a Comment