Friday, January 18, 2013

Five for Friday! Plus a Friday FREEBIE!

Hiya Peeps! Kerri here...
I'm linking up again with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for...


Okay, let's begin! Number 1...Our class shirts from Whitney Daniel Designs came this week and they are SOOOO stinkin' cute!
I heart these!


Number 2: Tacky the Penguin came to town! We have been reading his books (2 so far) and we made this fun art project to go on my Winter board...

I love their "crazy" eyes!

Number 3: I ordered this AH-MAZING magnetic spinner from Educational Insights and we had too much fun using it today to write word family words!

My kidlets were totally ENTHRALLED by this!
Aren't they so cute in their shirts? And concentrating so well on their word family words!!
Number 4: My poor neglected bearded dragon got to go out in the sun today because it was FINALLY warm enough (75 degrees and sunny!) He loved his sunbathing time!

And Number 5: We had lots of mathematical thinking going on using some of the math centers from my Snowman Soup Wintery Centers...
Snowman Spinners Add and Subtract

Snowman Soup Bar Graph

Blowing Blizzard Number Match-Ups

Also...here's a little freebie I posted last year at this time for those of you who missed it. It's my Wintery Super Sentence writing activity to help your kidlets write and understand what a juicy sentence is... My kids LOVED using the chart to think of their super sentences!!


Click on the pictures below to download this chart and book cover via Google Docs!!
book

Winter words chart

Happy Friday, Friends! I got Gold Rush tonight, Downton Abbey on Sunday, and no school on Monday. Hallelujah!! :)

XOXO Kerri B

10 comments:

The Brown-Bag Teacher said...

I LOVE the shirts - so super cute :) You have a dragon?!?!? Brave woman! :)

Catherine
The Brown-Bag Teacher

Kate said...

I love your Tacky the Penguins. We made some this week too!
Kate
http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Wheeler said...

I am loving their shirts!! So awesome!!

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

jbales said...

I love the shirts too, but they are a little expensive for me to spring for a class set. How did you purchase them? Did you ask for help from parents? Thanks for sharing all of your ideas- your classroom looks awesome!
Julie heyjbales@sbcglobal.net

Carrie H said...

I love your Tacky the Penguin project! Love, love, love! Thanks for sharing. <3

Corinna said...

The penguins are adorable! We did a more realistic penguin this week:) Your class looks like a fun place to be:)

Aloha,
Corinna

Covered in Glitter said...

Those Tacky the Penguins are SUPER cute! We are reading those books next week and I might just have to try this! Thank you for the inspiration.

Covered in Glitter and Glue

Michelle Griffo said...

You are BRAVE to have that pet! :)
Michelle
Apples and ABC's

Traci Clausen said...

LOVE those Tacky penguins!
I agree with Michelle about that bearded dragon! Impressive! :D
❤Dragonflies in First ❤

Ben said...

Hey, I really like the creativity of the penguins and I also think the spinner it is pretty awesome too. I'm a trainee teacher so I'm looking for some inspiration to take into my teaching career.

Thanks for you help...

Ben :)

Post a Comment