Friday, December 30, 2011

One Room Schoolhouse and TPT SALE!!

Good Evening Friends! Kerri here...
Are you all ready to party like it's 1999 tomorrow?? Over here is the B household, we are gonna play board games, watch football (well, the male half of us is) and eat, eat, eat. I may as well just wear my fat pants to the party, right girls??  :)
 I wanted to let you know that I am throwing a sale in honor of New Years Eve tomorrow! All of the items in my TPT store are officially on SALE, effective NOW through January 1st! You can pick up my newest unit:


This unit is filled with Literacy and Math activities that center around winter games...skiing, snowboarding, sledding, hockey, ice fishing, ice skating, bobsledding, and snowmobiling. I know my kiddos are gonna be stoked to use these cutey cute centers!


And, you can get your little old WInter Words Writing Pack for 20% off! Here it is...
All bright and sparkly and just waiting to be laminated!! Mine are actually in the corner of my living room right now in a big ole roll of laminating film, just begging to be cut out!! click on either pic to head over...


Enough of that...onto the One Room Schoolhouse! I went to Knott's Berry Farm today with the Fam (note to self...DO NOT EVER go to Knott's the day before New Years Eve...it is BANANAS over there!! Seriously, I think we went on one, maybe 2 rides. People were EVERYWHERE. UGH...)
But, I did get to go in the one room schoolhouse that they have there. Mr. Knott brought it over from Beloit, Iowa way back in the 50's. It was built in 1879 and it is the actual, SAME schoolhouse. Peeps, it was GLORIOUS! Every teachers dream to see. Can you say Little House on the Prairie? (One of my all time faves growing up!) Check out the pics...
Isn't is sooo precious!


I love #5..." After 10 hours in school, the teachers may spend the remaining time reading the Bible or any other good books. " H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.!! Also,  #6..."Woman teachers who marry... will be dismissed." WTH??


I had a desk like this in my room growing up. Santa brought it to me for Christmas when I turned 7. It was filled with school supplies and I played school with it everyday. I was in HEAVEN!


Aren't we such studious pupils??

The teachers changed every single year almost. They all must have gotten married or just GAVE UP! HA!!

This stove is FABULOUS! And, it was actually working! NO LIE!
Well, I hope you have enjoyed these photos as much as I did! And, if you are ever in Cali, I suggest you head on over to Knott's to see it for yourself, but NOT right before New Years Eve. Please! You will rue the day you made that decision, trust me!! HA!
Talk to you in 2012!!

10 comments:

Erika said...

I've been in another one room schoolhouse similar to that. So cool! I see one of the teachers did give up. Too funny! Married...too funny.

2B Honey Bunch
The Best Endings

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! "Gave Up"...or for the male teachers to not get shaved in a barber shop!! lol
Thanks for sharing!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Jeannie said...

Wow!! - How absolutely amazing. I'd love to visit that schoolhouse.....and I loved the teacher rules - and we think we have lots of extra duties now =)
Glad I found your blog....

Come see me -
Jeannie
http://kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com/

diditeach said...

Just discovered your blog via Kristen's description of your party at Ruby's....so jealous !! Loved your post, I actually live in a converted, one room schoolhouse....we have an addition on the back but the original room is still intact with original windows etc. We love our little schoolhouse. Happy New Year's !!

Kristin said...

I have had a similar experience at Disneyland during the week between Christmas and New Years. NEVER AGAIN. And WHAT WAS I THINKING? Loved seeing your pics of the schoolhouse.
Not sure if you already know this, but the Heritage Museum in Santa Ana has the best field trip for what life was life a long, long, long time ago. We do the Kellogg House tour and it is awesome. It has a school "room". Very hands on - and the teacher doesn't have to do anything except take pictures. (sorry if you already know this)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Barbara said...

I've never been to Knott's Berry Farm. Love the pictures!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting these pics. They were so fun to see as my great grandmother was a teacher in a one-room school house in Wisconsin until 1918 (she got married). I have a picture of her outside her school house with all of her students which is one of my most cherished items. It was so neat to see these pics and think of her working in a similar environment during her time. It looks like a fun trip to take some day.

:) Ann
@ http://mrsgreeneskindergartenkorner.blogspot.com/

Amy C said...

Thank you for the great pictures! What fun that must have been! I love the teacher rules. Oh how times have changed. In 100 years when future generations look at our classrooms they will see our rules and read, " Teachers should not friend students on Facebook." and "Teachers may wear jeans on Fridays only."

Sue said...

Thanks for posting the teacher rules.....and salaries. I love that they listed the teachers who "gave up." I sometimes wonder what someone would put after my name.

Sue
theverybusykindergarten

Unknown said...

구미콜걸
구미콜걸
신안콜걸
순천콜걸
순천콜걸


김천콜걸
김천콜걸
전북콜걸
나주콜걸
나주콜걸

Post a Comment