Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Origami and End of the Year Art Projects!

Hi Blogging Buddies! Kerri here...
Oh. my. word. 3 days left! 16 report cards left (I am on a strict schedule-8 a night for 3 nights!), plus about a brazillion other odds and ends (including cleaning my room. Let's not go there-it isn't pretty, peeps!), but I can actually see summer in my not-so-distant future! YIPPEE!


Today we had origami day! I showed my kids parts of this AMAZING documentary... Girls, (and boy?) if you haven't seen this, then you MUST watch it this summer! It is SERIOUSLY BAD@$$! I cannot believe what these people create using only one piece of paper with NO cuts and NO tape or glue. If you have netflix, you can watch it for FREE! 
After we watched it, my kids were all jazzed and they were trying to fold paper into shapes all day long! It was too cute! At the end of the day, my wonderful room mom came in and taught the class how to make a box that you blow into to make it puff up! They were SOOOO proud of themselves! I highly  recommend Origami Day!


We also made these end-of-the-year art projects today. I found 8x10 canvases (the flat kind) at Dick Blick.com for like $15 for 24! Isn't that a steal?? Then we mod-podged them with tissue paper and put our 50's kids self-portraits that we made on the 50th day of school over the tissue paper. They are SO cutey McCuteness!! Check them out...





Okay, I gotta stop the procrastinating! I still have to do my 8 report cards tonight!


See ya, Peeps!
Kerri

11 comments:

Rachelle said...

I know how you feel, girl!!!!!! I still have one more week!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!

Loving your projects!!!

Kristin said...

Oragami Day?!? How fun!!!!
Cute portraits!!!
Hang in there--you can do it!

Kindertrips said...

What a creative idea! You will be out soon!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Chrissy said...

That video sounds amazing! Good luck with your report cards.
_Chrissy
First Grade Found Me

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Origami idea! It is great to get students watching documentaries too. I am filing this idea away for next year. Thanks again!

Delighted in Second

jeremy said...

So cute and nice. Well drawn.

outlooksoft consulting

Kelly and Kim said...

Very cute!! Love the self portraits. We are your newest followers, check us out if you can. We are looking forward to reading your blog!

Sarah said...

Treat people like you would like to be treated especially people who trusted and took your word for things
giant teddy bears kitten heel wedding shoes

Anonymous said...

But may come, he has to submit his assignment before the deadline, therefore he chooses to buy assignment services available to him. To help students complete their assignments My Assignment Services is here to serve them with the best assignment help. According to a MATLAB Assignment help Experts, it is the most reliable and productive software for the engineers and scientists which provide the ability to analyze data, develop algorithms and also creating models for the project. We understand the value of timely submissions, our cost accounting assignment help experts have never missed a single deadline.

Assignment Help Pro said...

Your assignment can be solved effectively. Professional assignment help service is also available from the experts. Their assignment formats are customized according to your needs. With their assistance, you will be guided through the assignment process step-by-step, allowing you to achieve good grades in the assignment.

Bestassignexp said...

You can avoid this type of scenario with assistance for the assignment you have to complete in the UK. Prepare yourself for work assignments with our assistance to complete your CIPD Assignment help online.

Post a Comment