Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day and Pirate "Aaaart!"

Happy Weekend, Friends! Kerri here...
5 more days, but who's counting? My To-Do list is RIDICULOUS, (hence the reason I am blogging...procrastinator) but come this time next week, I will be SUMMER LOVIN' like most of the rest of you already are! (Insert giddy dance!)


We took our chitlins to the CDM Tidepools this week. It was NOT awesome. 
Imagine, for a moment, 100 first graders climbing all over WET, SLIPPERY, JAGGED rocks, next to the raging sea, while a light mist and chilly wind made us shiver. Got a good picture?? Yeesh, my hair was a wreck when we got home, and if you know anything about me, than you know my hair and I have issues that require a straight iron and copious amounts of product. 
HOWEVER, the good news is that I was able to use the fancy new camera my hubs bought me (well, after much begging and pleading on my part) for my birthday to take WICKED pictures of my littles. I just have to share!

I am no camera expert, but I think these are pretty good for my first try! I also edited them on pic monkey. Have you heard of it? I think it is AWESOME and it is totally FREE, which I think is even awesomer!


I had some B.A.D. news this year...Costco did NOT have my beloved 3 for $2 wooden frames for our Dad's project! The Horror! I had to buy $1 frames from Michaels (which actually would have cost me 85 cents with my teacher discount, which I forgot to give the girl and she forgot to remind me about until I had totally finished paying...grrrr!), and they are okay, but NOT as great as the Ikea ones. Here are our finished products...

Pretty cool, right?? 


We also made a Pirate Card for our dads, because it was Pirate Week this week!
Here it is, the boy and girl version...
The girl has scraggly hair, but that's a pirate right?



We made the card generic, because some of my kids don't have dads, so I told them they could give the card to whoever they wanted to in their families (makes me so sad...)


Here are the dimensions, if you want to make these just for a fun art project, or save them until next year for the dads!


Background: Yellow- 9x12 for art, or 12x18 folded in half for card


Shirt: White- 6x4


Head: Peach- 5x5


Ear: Peach-1 1/2 x 1


Eye Patch: Black- 2 x 2 1/2


Bandana: Red- 5x4


Bandana Knot: Red- 1 1/2 x 1 1/2


Bandana Ends: Red- 3 x 3


sharpie and black crayon for details!


Well, I'm off to jog on the treadmill. You know it's bad when I would rather workout than get my schoolwork done! P.R.O.C.R.A.S.T.I.N.A.T.O.R!!


Hope your weekend is full of fun!

11 comments:

YearntoLearn said...

What pirate cuties!
Happy exercising!


Yearn to Learn Blog

YearntoLearn said...

Oh, your blog is missing the sideline background and has all the "Exceed bandwidth Photobucket" images. But it may be just me and my computer because I'm having font issues on my blog.


Yearn to Learn Blog

BAK Pack Photography said...

Beautiful pictures!!!
Nice job!
❀Beth Ann❀
Taming My Flock of Firsties
bakteach16@gmail.com

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh thank you for sharing about Pic Monkey - that website is awesome! Now I can waste tons of time editing pics :) :)

Kim said...

Beautiful photos!
And I think the picture frames turned out GREAT!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Wolfelicious said...

The pictures you took are wonderful!! I love the picture frames and the pirate cards.

April
Wolfelicious

Kristin said...

Your kids are adorable!!!!
Love those pirates!

Lisa R. said...

Those pictures look professional. Nice job!! Thank you for sharing the pirate cards. I am in love with them!!

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Kindertrips said...

Those frames are beautiful-your photos are great, too.
Jennifer
kindertrips

Unknown said...

Love the pirates! I'm adding those to my pirate unit!

I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll check out my new "manly" teaching blog www.kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

Greg

Justin said...

Another huge advantage to business truck renting, that is frequently not considered, is organization picture. By renting, as opposed to obtaining, an organization can secure a bigger number of comparable and more up to date vehicles at a more moderate rate. Cash Advance Chicago

Post a Comment