Sunday, April 17, 2011

Snail Races!

Hi Friends! Kerri here...
Long time, no blog! I was with my family in Williamsburg and Washington, D.C. for the week, and man, is it beautiful back there!! So many trees, and lots and lots of 300 year old bricks, as my daughter would say!
Here's a picture of our adventures!


So, here is a fun little game that my kiddos are obsessed with. It's basically an addition or subtraction graph called "Snail Race" and the object is to see which numbered snail can make it to the top or side first. The kids roll 2 dice, either add or subtract the numbers, depending on which version you give them, and then color in one square that corresponds with the answer on their dice and the snail on the paper. My kids LOVE this game! They are OBSESSED with finding out which snail makes it to the top first. To extend it, I have them write 1st place next to the snail that makes it to the end first, 2nd place next to the next snail, etc. so they have to keep rolling and adding or subtracting. 
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! 
This game is especially great for your fast finishers who constantly need something to work on!
Lindsay made the addition version and I made the subtraction version. The addition version uses 6 sided dice and the subtraction one uses 10 sided dice. I will be making a more challenging version soon with larger numbers and will post it when I finish making it!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

I just came across your blog and I love your ideas. *I just added you to my sidebar! I will use these games in my first grade class! Thank you for sharing.
Sarah
http://mrstfirstgrade.blogspot.com/
-add to your sidebar if you would like!

Mrs. Wheeler said...

I am obsessed with games! My kids will be pumped to play "Snail Races!!" I have made ten million games this year; I have some posted on my blog, but I need to be better about posting more. I have an old version of Office at school so I can't save things as PDF from there...very annoying!

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade Tidbits

mohit said...

Very Nice blog for learning new things, thanks for such beautiful blog.

yahoo mail myaccount login

NCL STORE said...

Khám phá Công viên Kelley San Jose
Du lịch vườn thú Santa Ana USA Hoa Kỳ
Kinh nghiệm mua vé máy bay đi Mỹ
Vé máy bay đi New York
West Hollywood USA Hoa Kỳ: Ăn uống, mua sắm và cuộc sống về đêm
Du lịch phim trường Universal USA
3 cẩm nang và điểm du lịch nổi tiếng Nam California Mỹ
Du lịch San Juan Hoa Kỳ
Du lịch Cầu Cổng vàng ở San Francisco
Grand Canyon và khám phá du lịch Mỹ mới nhất

Post a Comment