Sunday, December 4, 2011

Magic Elf FREEBIE and Winter Words

Hi Peeps! Kerri here...
Aren't Lindsay's Santas ADORABLE!! I heart them!! She invented that one and I am SOOO making him next week!
As promised, I have another Magic Elf FREEBIE for you! It is a Magic Elf Sentence Scramble for your Literacy Centers! YAY!!
 You can download it from TPT, and while you're there, you can pick up your Winter Words Writing Pack...
because January will be here before we know it. Especially if you only have 2 weeks left in December, like I do! Here's what you get...



 Words Mat/Book Cover/Lined Paper-
Make several copies of the Winter Words on cardstock and laminate for durability. Copy writing paper back to back ( I use 6 pages per book and this lasts the whole month) and fold in half to make a little book, with the cover on the front. I copy the cover on colored paper to make it more festive! :)
Use this writing activity in your writing center for the whole month and allow the kids to write describing sentences about each Winter word, one word per page.
  1. Winter Words ABC Order-
Cut apart laminated Winter Words mats to make individual cards. Students choose 5 words, place in ABC order, and illustrate!
 Winter Story Writing Paper-
Use individual cut up Winter Word cards. Students choose 2-3 cards and write a story using lots of describing words, and then illustrate their story in the box.
Winter Making Words-
Students choose a picture from the Winter Words Mat, write it in the box, and illustrate it. Next, they find the letters to spell the word. (Letters included in packet-copy and laminate as many sets as you need for students to use). Students will make as many words as they can using the letters from the Winter word that they chose and write in the boxes.
  1. Winter Words Match-Ups-
Students will match up each Cut-up winter word card to the laminated sentence card that describes it. After matching, students will choose 5 pictures, write the corresponding sentence on the lines, and illustrate the pictures on the back. 

Click on the preview above to got to my TPT store where you can get the Magic Elf FREEBIE and your Winter Words Writing Pack!!
I'm off to church, then errands, then a Ducks Hockey Game! Never been before. I'm excited!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Packet!

I'm your newest follower!

Just wanted to stop by and share my new GIVEAWAY with you :)
You can WIN a $20 Gift Card for Amazon and shop till you drop :)

Come by & enter to WIN!
http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-giveaway-20-amazon-gift-card.html

Happy Holidays!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Barbara said...

Thank you! I love your Magic Elf sentences.

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful

Mel D said...

I just awarded you the Sunshine Award. I'm sure one of many! Stop by my blog & check it out!
Mel D
Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

Primary Paradise said...

Hi Kerri and Lindsay,
I love the Magic Elf. We have two at home but I haven't used one at school..yet! Your winter unit is also very cute. I just posted a Happy New Year literacy and math unit on TPT. I always want to be prepared that first week back. It includes a baby new year art project. I hope you can check it out.
Tammy
primaryparadise.blogspot

Adam Lee said...

Linen fabrics are very popular in hot and humid climatic region such as Asia Pacific and Middle East. The various advantages associated with linen fabrics such as smoothness, coolness, lint-free, softer over longer duration, are driving the linen fabric market globally.

Also Read: Point-of-Care (POC) Diagnostic Market | Guidewires Market | Telemedicine Market

Steven Salvatore said...

Want to update your computers hardware drivers? Get your driver updates from Windows Update or your device manufacturers website. Heres how Computeroids Driver Updater different from the other.

Post a Comment