Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Catch Up! Plus Free Back to School Printables!

Hi Friends! Kerri here...
I know,  I know,  I'm a major slacker, right? It has been FOREVAH and a day since my last post, but you can relate right? SUMMERTIME!! Here is a brief recap of my last month...






Getting to see Tom Mycoskie, founder of TOMS shoes, speak at a Focus on the Family Event! TOMS shoes are my absolute FAVORITE shoes, because every time you buy a pair of TOMS, the company will give a pair to a child in need! So far, they have given away 1 million pairs of shoes. AND, they are adorable! AND they are super super comfy! If you don't have a pair, you should check out the TOMS website and order yourself some! Seriously!! I heart my TOMS!!




Redoing our backyard OURSELVES right when it decided to get hot! 2 weeks of sweaty, back-breaking labor (well, mostly by my husband, but I did help!!) After all that work, and even though it is still a work in progress, I am pretty happy with how it is turning out! Cross your fingers that the clover grows in!






Throwing one of my besties, and the co-author of this blog, Lindsay, a baby shower! She is having her first baby in August!! I can't wait to be a surrogate auntie! And, big news...she is going back to Kinder! Thank the Lord! She will have TONS of AMAZING things to share girls, trust me! She is the bomb Kindergarten teacher! BTW, why did I get cut out of the above picture? Just saying...






Going to see a taping of one of my FAVORITE summertime shows EVER, "So You Think You Can Dance"!! It was sooo awesome! After the nightmare of driving up to Hollywood, standing in the scorching sun for over an hour, and then almost not getting it, it was well worth the sunburn I got! Anyone else obsessed with Cat Deeley??








Making myself 6 of these bad boys for my guided reading table after seeing the most FABULOUS step-by-step directions on probably my favoritest blog, What the Teacher Wants. I just had to try, and they came out even better than I imagined!! I can't wait to try 'em out in September!! :)




Shopping for all things classroom related, including pencil boxes (80 cents at Michaels, thanks to a 20% off coupon and a gift card!), glues (25 bottles of glue for a penny each!! Thank you very much Staples!!), and this very cute Clifford and hardbound book from Kohl's ($5 each!) I plan on adding him to my growing collection of "Book Buddies", as I like to call them. So far, I have 15 stuffed animals and matching books, each one housed in a cute drawstring bag. I send them home with the kids as part of their weekly homework. They get to keep the buddy for the week, read the book, and fill out a simple book report. In my collection I have:  4 Eric Carle characters, 5 Dr. Seuss, 1 Clifford, 2 Duck at the Door characters, and 2 Llama, Llama Red Pajama guys, plus one more I can't think of right now! Seriously, these are THE BEST DEAL EVER and my kiddos LOVE it when it's their turn to take one home!






Spending LOTS of time soaking up the Vitamin D in the backyard, reading and hanging out with this lovey face!! I mean, seriously, she is the best POOCH EVER!!


WOW! I think I have been pretty busy! This next month has 2 VBS's, lots of time at the Orange County Fair eating caramel apples and cinnamon rolls, and purchasing new cubbies for my classroom from IKEA! Aren't they so cute!! I plan on using the small green bins, and the unit fits 24 in all. Out the door, less that $200!! Pretty cheap right?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09871292




I do have a couple of little tidbits to share with you for your 


first week back to school. They are: 
Summer Writing

Back to School Self Portrait Page

First Day of School Coloring Page-Perfect for Kinder too!

Click on the captions to download, file away until 


August/September, and get back out in the sun, ladies!! 


Happy Summer!!

7 comments:

Henry Miller said...

Love the crate chairs! I would check Craigs list for the ikea bins. Things show up on there all the time!

Rachelle said...

Favoritest? Little old me? You are too kind!!! I love how your crates ended up! LOVELY! Thanks for the adorable downloads girl!

-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

P.S. I'm so *jealous* you went to So You Think You Can Dance! My hubby makes fun of me for liking it and he calls is "So you peed your pants!" What a weirdo! :)

Kristen said...

vote for Jess LeProtto on SYTYCD! Love him and he's really nice!

Also, your crates ended up looking awesome. I think I'm going to need to make myself some too!

Lainie said...

Really great items for little first grade beginnings. Thanks for sharing. Another project to ponder.

Tara said...

Love this post! So much info...I've heard lots about the TOMS shoes..I think on Joy FM but haven't bought any...will be looking into that soon:) Love that they donate to help:)) So important to give back:)

4th Grade Frolics

S. Parker said...

I just discovered your blog. It is great!

Heather said...

My name is Heather and I work for Worth Ave. Group. We’re currently holding a contest for K-12 teachers. Over $150,000 in grant money and prizes will be given away in the Technology in Education Grant. Get the teachers you know involved in this great giveaway by voting for them and you'll give them a chance to win an iPad 2, 30 iPod touches for their classroom and a $25,000 technology grant for their school. Voting has just begun and end will end March 31st. Visit www.voteforteachers.com today or call 1-855-834-7660 for more information.
voteforteachers@worthavegroup.com

Post a Comment