Monday, March 21, 2011

Greetings blogger buddies!  Yikes! I can't believe our blog is up and running!  I was going to sit down and make a rough draft of my first blog - ya know, just go get my ideas organized and down on paper (with a newly sharpened #2 pencil of course) - when Kerri informed me that bloggers do NOT write rough drafts. They just write.  Right . . . I knew that. 



I am so excited to be doing this blog with my teaching bestie and mentor, Kerri.  Although we are in different grade levels and at different schools this year, I am still amazed by her wonderful teaching every day.  As a soon-to-be first time mom (my husband and I are expecting a son in August - yay!) I am most impressed by Kerri's devotion to her kids - both at home (she has two darling girls!) and in the classroom.  She works harder than anyone else I know, and yet finds a balance for her life.  I also love Kerri because, as I like to put it, she is "the peanut butter to my jelly".  We make a great teaching team and I look forward to the day when we can work together again!



Okay, okay, enough about Kerri . . . As I mentioned before, I am married to a wonderful guy named Paul, and we will be celebrating our two year anniversary right before our little man arrives.  He is a great "teacher husband" - never complaining about my late nights grading papers, the setting up and re-arranging of my classroom computers and other technology, or the many many trips we make to Lakeshore.  He was particularly great last summer when I had to pack up my entire kindergarten classoom after getting pink-slipped and move it all into our garage. And our guestroom. And even our bedroom!  (Don't worry - he began hanging up clothes on pocket charts stands and really embraced the chaos!)  Without getting all mushy, just know that he is the best. Really.

Finally, my class. This year I was blessed to get hired in late September to teach third grade.  Although it was a late start to the year, and a rough transition for all, I feel so lucky to have my 24 sweet third graders.  And when I say 24 third graders, I mean 17 boys and 7 girls.  That's right .  . . SEVENTEEN boys.  Yikes.  For me, this year has made me such a better teacher!  One of the neatest things about this year is the sharing that I get to do with my mom, who is also a third-grade teacher, and such an inspiration!  She gave me a quick "all-you-need-to-know" shpiel when I got hired three weeks into the school year and I am so thankful for her!



 I love and miss teaching the little ones, and hope that someday I will be back down in kinder . . .or perhaps first grade. When that day comes, however, I will defiantely be a better teacher as a result of all that I have learned this year!  (Why, just today I was lecturing Kerri about the importance of introducing her first graders to the Commutative Property of Addition.  It's important people!)

Well, that is all for now.  I look forward to sharing some of my clssroom ideas with y'all soon!

Happy Teaching!

Lindsay

4 comments:

Dana said...

Hi Kerri! I just started following y'alls blog yesterday....it's adorable! Awesome ideas! I wasn't sure which grade you taught until I saw this post. I have the exact opposite problem in my 3rd grade classroom. I have 17 girls and 7 boys! If only our classes could meet...it would be a match made in heaven! :) Hope you're liking third grade!

Kerri and Lindsay said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for following our blog!
Actually, I teach first grade! I share this blog with my teaching besty Lindsay who wrote the post above. She is teaching 3rd this year. But we taught Kinder together for 4 years until budget cuts forced us apart :(
I'm so glad you like our ideas!!
Kerri B

Doanh Doanh said...


eva airline
ve may bay eva tu my ve vn
korean airline vietnam
săn vé máy bay đi mỹ giá rẻ
săn vé máy bay giá rẻ đi canada
Cuoc Doi La Nhung Chuyen Di
Du Lich Tu Tuc
Tri Thức Du Lịch



NCL STORE said...

Yellowstone Grand Canyon Hoa Kỳ
Vé máy bay đi Mỹ hạng thương gia
Khám phá nhà thờ Crystal Quận Cam
Hành trình khám phá trung tâm Getty Mỹ
Giới thiệu lịch sử của Chicago Bean
Khám phá thành phố không bao giờ bị lãng quên - New York
Du lịch West Hollywood USA Mỹ về đêm
Vé máy bay đi Mỹ 1 chiều du lịch trải nghiệm hẻm núi Zion
Top 4 bãi biển tuyệt vời ở Los Angeles Mỹ
Tiểu bang nghệ thuật âm nhạc Hoa Kỳ

Post a Comment