Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fun At the Zoo and More Mother's Day Madness!

Happy Tuesday my blogger buddies!  Lindsay here .  . .

Gonna keep it short and sweet tonight because I am TIRED!!!  This morning I hit the snooze on my alarm and fell back asleep for AN HOUR.  As in sixty minutes.  Yowzers.  Can you say sleep deprived??!!

 I am so completely exhausted that I don't even think I will be able to keep my eyes open and watch the Biggest Loser Finale . . .gasp!  PLEASE don't go blogging about how great the winner looked, etc., etc.  No spoilers people!!

Anyway, in Room 17 we have been working hard getting ready for Mother's Day.  Today my kidlets were using thier graphic organizers and writing sentences about why they love their mom.  Here are some of the finished products . . .

"I love my mom because she goes to work." (Tear.)

This one was super cute. Last sentence = "My mom helps in the computer lab."  (Gotta love those helper moms!)


I have also been busy interviewing my kidlets one-on-one and helping to fill in their mother questionnaire that will be part of their Mother's Day Card at our Muffins With Mom celebration. 

This kiddo had some exceptionally great responses . . . Mom likes to wear - princess outfits. (Classic!) I wish Mom - could do a headstand.  (Don't we all wish that?)


Its not too late to pick up your own My Cup Of Tea Mother's Day pack at my TPT store.  Click the flower below to check it out!



Also this week (Z week here in Kindergartenland) we have been doing a Zoo theme - and my kids LOVE it!  All of our activities are from my brand new Fun At The Zoo Math and Literacy Centers Pack . . .


Take me to the zoo! This colorful unit contains three math and three literacy centers your students will love, including:

1. More and Less With Mr. Alligator (comparing numbers using < and >)
2. Six Little Monkeys Make Numbers (how many ways to make the numbers 0-5, such as 1+1, 2+0, etc.)
3. Roar, Stomp, Nibble Number Cover Up (addition dice game mats and directions)
4. Hullaballoo At The Zoo reader (counting sight word mini reader with blanks for students to fill in and a surprise ending!)
5. Making Hearty Hippo Words (using the letters in the word "hippopotamus" to build words)
6. Zookeeper ABC order (putting words in ABC order and writing a juicy sentence!)

And for all y'all, a little freebie (score!) - a printable Mr. Alligator comparing numbers poster.  Just click the image below to access and print the file.  This little visual aide and rhyme will be sure to help your lil kidlets remember which way that pesky greater than/less than symbol is supposed to go!



These Fun At The Zoo Centers activities are all engaging, hands-on centers your kidlets will LOVE and that are ready be printed and used!  So scadaddle on over and get yours today!  Click on the lil zebra below to go check it out in my TPT store.


Well, that's it for now folks!  I am off to bed!  Tomorrow my little kinder kidlets are singing at the Spring Music Show and will be performing a song called "Soap and Water" to the tune of Beyonce's "Single Ladies".  No, I did not invent it, and yes, it is just as amazing as it sounds.   More to come later this week . . .

9 comments:

Kelley Dolling said...

Love your zoo pack! Have you heard Ron Brown/Intelli Tunes' Number Eating Alligator song? It's up in his FREEBIE store right now (www.intelli-tunes.com). I use his stuff in my classroom and the kiddos love it.

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Chrissy said...

You zoo pack looks fabulous! I might love the mother's day interview. What a great idea. I'm sure my students responses would make me laugh.
Http://firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com

Cupcake said...

I seriously love the munching alligator! I always tell my kiddos to think of it like that, and I've always meant to make something, but never did! Thank you!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Ms. Dunn said...

Hi there! Used your poster in class this week! I hope you don't mind, but I put a link to it on my blog. You can check it out here:
http://chalkoneupfortheteacher.blogspot.com/

Also, I am your newest follower!

Jess said...

I love your alligator poster! I just found your blog via The Teacher Wife! Thanks for the freebie!
Rambling About Reading

Katie Knight said...

Thank you for sharing the hungry gator. I love him!

heatherb said...

Found you looking for Greater than, Less than activities. What grade and month were the kiddos who wrote in the top two pix?

Miracles n magic said...

Thank you so much ur alligator rhyme is catchy!

Evan Raymonds said...

Graphic organizer charts are a common name given to charts that can illustrate facts, concept, and ideas in a way that can be understood visually. There are many graphic organizers or various purposes. T chart, y chart, mind maps, KWL charts, Venn diagrams and fishbone diagrams to name a few. Creately is an online diagramming and collaboration software which supports all graphic organizer charts. There are many templates and example of graphic organizers to be used freely as well.

Post a Comment